Sunday, June 3, 2007

Quinceanera Books Galore


It's nearly fifteen years since the first Quinceanera book was written by Mary Lankford (Millbrook Press). Now the celebration of a teen's coming of age is the subject of several upcoming and newly-release books this year. The paperback version of Malin Alegria's 2006 book Estrella's Quinceañera was released by Simon Pulse last month. Adriana Lopez's story collection Fifteen Candles (Rayo) will be coming out later on this month. Even literary doña Julia Alvarez is releasing a book---to be put out by Viking in August---entitled Once Upon a Quinceañera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I be enduring infer from a only one of the articles on your website trendy, and I extremely like your tastefulness of blogging. I added it to my favorites web age muster and disposition be checking back soon. Cheer repress out my site as well and fail me be familiar with what you think. Thanks.