Sunday, June 3, 2007

News: Gabriel Garcia Marquez's 25 Years of Solitude


Gabriel Garcia Marquez is most known for his opus One Hundred Years of Solitude. In late May, he ended his civil war-imposed exile by visiting his hometown of Aracataca, Columbia. Associated Press reporter Darcy Crowe reported on the mass adulation that greeted Garcia Marquez as he and his wife Mercedes Barcha visited the town many believe to be the inspiration for Maconda, the fictional town in his most impressive work. No doubt to his fans chagrin, the visit was just that. Garcia Marquez makes his home in Mexico.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's Happening i am new here. I came accross this site I find It quite helpful & its helped me tons. I should be able to contribute & aid other people like it has helped me.

Thanks a load, Catch You Around.